For Immediate Release
Modular DPS Announces Channel-Delivered Cloud Data Protection for Anytime, Anywhere Recovery-on-Demand for SMBs
Modular DPS Teams with Intel Hybrid Cloud, 6fusion Inc. and MSPexcellence which Combine to Deliver Powerful Solutions for Information Asset Protection
TORONTO, March 27, 2012 – Modular Data Protection Services (DPS) Inc., a leader in cloud data protection for the mid-market, today announced availability of its new comprehensive cloud data protection strategy, Modular 360° Partner Program™ for anytime, anywhere recovery-on-demand. Designed to speed deployment for comprehensive cloud data protection, the Modular 360° Partner Program™ integrates best-in-class hardware with industry leading software and business consulting expertise to enable the channel to deploy cloud-based customer solutions that eliminate the barriers of entry and speed the time to revenue.
“Data protection services remain one of the leading use cases within the cloud services delivery model,” said Ashar Baig, Senior Analyst, Taneja Group. “This is due largely to explosive growth in corporate data, increased corporate governance and compliance requirements. It is also one of the most logical and tactical market entry points for IT service providers to establish a services outsourcing foothold within their small and medium business (SMB) clients. Solutions that can speed the IT service provider’s time to delivery and value will be eagerly embraced by those MSPs that are seeking efficient ways to capitalize on the cloud data protection adoption wave.”
The Modular 360° Partner Program™ provides two separate paths for prospective participants:
- Modular 360° AiR™ (Assured Information Recovery) – Fully hosted and managed by Modular DPS, this program offers a tiered, multi-tenant data protection and recovery service featuring FIPS 140-2 certified encryption. Capabilities include:
- Ultra-flexible hybrid cloud data protection with high-speed local and secure remote recovery
- Simplified end-to-end data protection for SMBs
- Agentless deployment that negates the need to install software on every backup server target.
- Modular 360° DPaaS™ (Data Protection as a Service) – A comprehensive data vault deployment solution. This service expands on the Modular 360° AiR™ solution to enable prospective partners to offer their own hosted data protection service by participating in the Modular 360° Partner Program™. Modular DPS offers a complete suite of services including sales, support, training, setup and marketing tools. Features include:
- Data Vault software license subscription – Powered by Asigra
- The MSPexcellence Cloud Solutions Provider Playbook and Program
- Access to an Intel Hybrid Cloud, from Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), data collector appliance, preconfigured for the local data management and connection to the cloud data vault.
- Access to the 6fusion IaaS hosted data vault deployment.
- Extensive sales, marketing and technical support services and templates to launch the service
“We are delighted that after careful consideration and analysis, Modular Data Protection Services has selected the Intel Hybrid Cloud AppUp Small Business Service as the platform of choice for the Modular 360° Partner Program™. We are excited to be part of this very innovative product and service offering from some of the leading players within the cloud-based solution industry,” said Bridget Karlin, General Manager of the Intel Hybrid Cloud team. “By combining innovative products, subject matter expertise and a business-focused approach, the new solution presents a winning channel business opportunity for IT Service Providers looking to capitalize on the wave of market opportunity within the cloud services marketplace.”
“With the rise in cloud data protection adoption has come layers of complexity and confusion as well as an increasing array of offerings and associated marketing misuse of terminology such as business continuity and disaster recovery,” said Eric Strong, President & CEO, Modular DPS. “We believe there is an incredible need to reduce this complexity and eliminate existing barriers to market entry. This is why we have developed the Modular 360° Partner Program™, so that MSPs can quickly and easily provide solid and dependable data protection strategies to their SMB/SME clients.”
Modular 360° Partner Program™ provides partners and their customers with a turnkey data protection solution that combines the necessary data protection software, materials, service document templates, and ongoing support to assure rapid implementation and ongoing success. The solution also offers access to the Intel AppUp Small Business Service catalog, which allows for a flexible, pay-as-you-go pricing model combined with easily customizable client premise device components. Through the partnership with 6fusion Inc., customers can also benefit from an optional pay-per-use utility data vault.
The Modular 360° Partner Program™ provides additional access to the acclaimed “MSPexcellence Playbook and Program for Cloud Solution Providers.” The knowledge base offers the framework and tools to enable program partners to develop and align their cloud services strategy and delivery roadmap within a three-month timeframe.
The Modular 360° Partner Program™ is available now from Modular Data Protection Services Inc. For more information, please visit: http://www.modulardps.com.
About Modular DPS:
Modular DPS Inc. is a cloud services aggregator comprised of a team of IT industry veterans with experience at all tiers of the IT marketplace. The company creates and delivers data protection service offerings principally through its Modular 360° Partner Program™. This unique approach combines all of the necessary business knowledge, support and technical components to enable IT service organizations to quickly and effectively deliver Cloud Data Protection services which are rooted in the fundamental principle that establishing a secure and absolutely recoverable client data set is the foundation of a solid data protection strategy.